Hey there, lovebirds! Are you considering to elope Colorado Springs? Lucky you! As an Colorado adventure elopement photographer, I’ve been fortunate enough to witness (and photograph) countless couples exchanging their “I dos” in this breathtaking destination. In this blog post, I’ll share my top picks for the coolest places to elope in Colorado Springs, suggest vendors you could work with, and even break down what to expect for each season when you elope Colorado Springs. Get ready to be inspired by some awe-inspiring locations and pictures from a recent Colorado Springs elopement I photographed.
But first, what does it mean to elope?
I’m so glad you asked! Basically, couples are re thinking what their wedding day can look like. Over the past several decades, the wedding industry has done a spectacular job at making couples think there is only one way to get married. Indoors, a list of vendors, a bridal party, there are so many traditions of “traditional” wedding days, and its so easy to get caught up in all of it when you’ve told that’s what a wedding day looks like. But guess what? You can have a wedding day that looks however you want it to. If the traditional wedding day doesn’t sound fun to you, or you don’t align with all the traditions that come with it, then elope instead.
What is eloping? Find out here 👇
Best Places to get Married in Colorado Springs
Embrace the Great Outdoors for Your Colorado Springs Wedding
Why settle for a traditional wedding venue when Colorado Springs offers a breathtaking outdoor canvas for your special day? With awe-inspiring landscapes and countless picturesque spots, getting married outside in this vibrant city allows you to fully experience the magic of nature while you celebrate your love. Here are some of the best places to get married in Colorado Springs, showcasing the beauty and uniqueness of the great outdoors.
Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain
Why not say your vows at 14,115 feet above sea level? Pikes Peak, also known as America’s Mountain, provides an incredible backdrop for your Colorado Springs wedding or elopement. With jaw-dropping views and the feeling of being on top of the world, this spot is perfect for adventure-seeking couples. Just remember to pack a cozy jacket – it can get a bit chilly up there!
The Paint Mines Interpretive Park
If you’re looking for a truly unique and colorful setting, The Paint Mines Interpretive Park is a hidden gem. This geological wonder boasts vibrant, naturally occurring clay pigments that make for some pretty spectacular photos. Get ready for an elopement that’s as one-of-a-kind as your love story!
Garden of the Gods
This iconic Colorado Springs location is a true masterpiece of nature. Garden of the Gods is a public park filled with dramatic red rock formations that will leave you and your partner in awe. It’s hard not to feel the love when you’re surrounded by such otherworldly beauty!
Getting Your Marriage License in Colorado Springs
Before you exchange your vows in one of the best places to get married in Colorado Springs, you’ll need to make it official with a marriage license. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! In Colorado Springs, you can obtain your marriage license at the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office. Here’s what you need to know:
- Location: Citizens Service Center, 1675 West Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Requirements: Both parties must be present and provide valid identification (e.g., driver’s license, passport, military ID). There’s no waiting period, so you can get your license and elope on the same day if you’d like!
- Fee: The cost for a marriage license in El Paso County is $30. Make sure to bring cash or a check, as debit and credit cards are not accepted.
For more information on obtaining your marriage license, check out the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s website: https://clerkandrecorder.elpasoco.com/recording/marriage-licenses/ or give them a call at (719) 520-6200.
Now that you know the process of making your Colorado Springs elopement legal, you’re one step closer to your dream day! Enjoy the adventure, soak in the love, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Self-Solemnizing Your Elopement in Colorado Springs
One of the unique features of eloping in Colorado Springs is the option to self-solemnize, which means you don’t need an officiant to make your marriage legal. If you’re looking for an even more intimate and personal elopement ceremony, this might be the perfect option for you! Here’s what you need to know about self-solemnizing in Colorado Springs:
- What is self-solemnizing? It’s a marriage ceremony where the couple acts as their own officiant, exchanging vows and committing to one another without the need for a third party to lead the ceremony. It’s just you, your partner, and the love you share!
- How to self-solemnize: After obtaining your marriage license from the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, you can choose any location in Colorado Springs (or anywhere else in Colorado) for your self-solemnizing ceremony. You have the freedom to create a ceremony that reflects your personalities and values, without the constraints of a traditional officiated wedding.
- Witness requirements: Colorado is one of the few states that doesn’t require witnesses for your elopement. However, you can still invite a few close friends or family members to be part of your special day if you’d like.
- Signing the marriage license: Once you’ve exchanged your vows and rings, both partners will sign the marriage license, affirming that you have entered into a legal marriage. Make sure to fill out all the necessary fields on the license, including the date and location of the ceremony.
- Returning the marriage license: After your self-solemnized ceremony, you’ll need to return the signed marriage license to the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office within 63 days of issuance. Once it’s recorded, your marriage will be official, and you can request certified copies of your marriage certificate.
Self-solemnizing your elopement in Colorado Springs offers an unmatched level of intimacy and personalization. It’s a beautiful way to focus on your love and commitment, creating a truly unforgettable experience that’s just about the two of you.
Best Time of Year to Elope in Colorado Springs
When planning your elopement, it’s important to consider the time of year. In Colorado Springs, each season offers something unique and beautiful.
Spring brings mild temperatures, making it a lovely time for outdoor elopements. However, keep in mind that it can also be unpredictable, with occasional snow or rain showers. Be prepared for a bit of adventure!
With warm weather and longer days, summer is a popular time for elopements. If you’re planning a summer elopement, consider a sunrise or weekday ceremony to avoid crowds at popular spots.
Fall boasts vibrant foliage, cooler temperatures, and fewer tourists. It’s an ideal time for an intimate, colorful elopement in Colorado Springs.
Winter elopements can be truly magical, with snow-capped mountains and a cozy atmosphere. Be prepared for cold temperatures and potential road closures, and consider choosing a location that’s easily accessible during winter months.
Local Vendors to Enhance Your Elopement Experience
To make your Colorado Springs elopement even more special, consider working with some talented local vendors.
Hair and Makeup Artists
Where to stay for your Colorado Springs elopement?
There are a ton of options for where to stay for your Colorado Springs elopement. Want to keep things easy and get a hotel? Plenty of options. Want to stay in a home and walk out the front door to mountain views? Tons of Airbnb’s to choose from. Want to stay downtown in a charming home? There’s something for everyone.